This week Ese of Ese’s Voice asked us to share a photo and quote related to feel. Kozo’s September bloggers for peace challenge is Quote This.
I’m grateful to both of them for the inspiration. Click on their links to see their contributions and to learn how you can join.
The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace. — Carlos Santana
Check out Ese’s post for more quotes and photos.
The Universal Language of Healing
I’m a firm believer in music’s healing powers and I’m grateful that there are so many wonderful songs about peace.
The Peace Challenge this month is invoke the power of music. We are to:
- Post a song or video of a song that has brought peace to your world. Feel free to explain how this music has created peace.
- Tell a story about how music “tamed the savage beast.”
- Write a song for peace. You don’t have to write the music, just the lyrics.
- Sing a song for peace and write a post about what you felt.
- Make a top 10 list of songs/artists that bring peace to our world.
- Interview a songwriter about what inspired them to create music that you find peaceful.
- Post anything about the intersection of music and peace.
Since I’m no singer and I’m certainly not a song writer, I put together a playlist on You-Tube of my top ten songs about peace. Rather than show the videos on my blog, I ask that you click on the link to see them as I do not want to infringe on anyone’s copyright.
…But not just “when the cold winds blow” or “when times are hard.” I wish you peace always. I hope and pray the human race wakes up from our apathy towards you and works together to bring you perfect health and peace. I wish you clean air, clean water, healthy soil, happy and healthy children, strong and healthy animals, plentiful fish in your oceans, streams and lakes. I wish for clear streams and lakes where anyone can drink without fear.
I wish you a world filled with more singing birds and less traffic noise, industrial noise or sounds of war. I wish for you to have more places where the sky is clear and the stars shine bright. I wish you a world filled with caring, laughter, and joy. I wish you a world filled with the pure light of love.
With much love and gratitude for all that you give to us,
When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace. —JIMI HENDRIX
For those who wonder what this post is all about. Go to Everyday Gurus’ monthly peace challenge post to find out. Please consider writing your own letter even if it is no longer July where you live. Let me know if you do and I’ll stop by.