Kathleen at AutismHerd has bestowed this rather whimsical award on me. Thank you so much Kathleen! In order to accept this award I have to do the following.
(BTW, that’s pronounced meem-tastic according to its creator, Jillsmo.)
- You must proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic that Jillsmo created for these purposes. She thinks it’s so bad because not only did she use COMIC SANS, but there’s even a little jumping, celebrating kitten down there at the bottom. According to her it’s horrifying! But its presence in your award celebration is crucial to the memetastic process we’re creating here. (I think it is cute!!!!)
- You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Just make stuff up, we’ll never know; one of them has to be true, though. Of course, nobody will ever know the difference, so we’re just on the honor system here. I trust you.
- You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. I don’t care who you pick, and nobody needs to know why. I mean, you can give a reason if you want, but I don’t really care.
- If you fail to follow any of the above rules, Jillsmo will harass you incessantly until you either block her on Twitter or ban her IP address from visiting your blog. I don’t know if you can actually do that last thing, but she will become so annoying to you that you will actually go out and hire an IT professional to train you on how to ban IP addresses just so that she’ll leave you alone. She says she is serious and I believe her, so I’m going to do these things. ”
- **NEW**This one isn’t actually a rule, but once you do the above, she asks that you please stop by her site and link up to the Memetastic Hop so that she can keep track of where this thing goes.
Okay, here I go!!! Are you ready? I’m excited, so here goes:
- I did an internship one summer with a group called North Carolina Midwifery where I got to ride horses into the Appalachian Mountains to help a midwife deliver babies to those who did not have access to physicians and hospitals.
- I live on an island, so I spend all of my free time at the beach.
- I have always wanted to go skydiving. I can’t imagine anything more thrilling than jumping out of an airplane.
- I worked as a forensic nurse for ten years. It wasn’t as exciting as it sounds.
- I have been to thirty-eight of the 50 states including Alaska, but I have only visited one other country and that is Canada.
Now to pick the next group for Jillsmo’s amusement. Actually these are blogs I love and I hope they will have fun with this. The whimsical Memetastic Award goes to:
Ms. Roller Coaster at Riding the Roller Coaster
Charlotte at Life’s a Charm!
Lisa at Alienhippy’s Blog
Cathy at Autism Home Rescue
Do you really want to know the truth?
- And the sad truth is I am more boring than my blogging friends think although I do wish I had done some of these.
- I am way too chicken and have a fear of heights, so BB’s Mum, no skydiving for me.
- And Aspergirl Maybe as Kathleen said there is little time for the beach.
- Kathleen, that was my dream job when I was in nursing school.
- Laura, I did consider taking a forensic nursing course years ago, but sadly I did not do it.
I have been to thirty-eight of the 50 states including Alaska, but I have only visited one other country and that is Canada although I hope one day to do more traveling.